The last designers have strut their 2010 Spring/Summer collections in the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week parades in New York, setting the trends for clothing, accessories and jewelry that will trickle down to us mere fashion mortals who drool from afar as we watch online with front row internet seats to untamed colors and futuristic Victorian shapes of Alexandre Herchcovitch, vibrant blood red and fuchsia satins of Badgley Mischka, purples, oranges and fluid chiffons of Calvin Klein, classic being, taupe and chocolate of Carolina Herrera, wild strips and multi-colored geometry of Custo Barcelona; peach, red, white silver and gray of timeless Donna Karen, stripes, plaids and earth-tones of Duckie Brown, chic feminine aqua, violet and soft lavenders of Michael Kors, long taupe silk scarves amidst black and white of Vassilios Kostetsos and Thailand meets Vegas in a purple, yellow, green and blue future by Zac Posen.
Couture Ensemble Accessories
And yet, with all the swooshing gowns and billowing blazers and slithering chiffon, the eye still wanders to scarves and totes and the jewels and accessories that pull the looks together. The ensemble of dreams is not a dress or a suite but a series of items that all combined make a look – the right shoes and belts, the purse or clutch, the wedge sandals or stiletto boots, the small studs or hoops or the teeny little dash of silk tied around a neck.
That’s why during Fashion Week one of the main exhibits is the accessories tent, where jewelers and artists in gold and silver and precious metals lay bare their newest creations. And there is where the likes of Subversive Jewelry, and their gold-toned metals, semi-precious stones and rhinestone designs explode with luster. It is also where the fabulous regal Indian inspired Isharya displays the latest earring and bangle collections and where Judith Ripka’s classic gemstones entice chic celebrity eyes.
Judith Ripka has a huge collection of extraordinary yellow and white gold hoop earrings such as the small or medium jubilee hoop earrings and the cab hoops with pink opal cabochon stones and faceted pink sapphires accented with round brilliant diamonds ($5,600). There is also a less expensive Judith Ripka design that is sold through Saks: diamond and sterling silver/18K yellow gold hoop earrings/1¼” for only €247. Lulu Frost and Alex Soldier are also amongst the jewelry designers who stand together with the garment haute couture designers like Davidelfin, Ralph Lauren, Isaac Mizrahi and many others who set the world’s fashion standards on high.
So what are we seeing in JEWELRY trends for 2010?
We’re seeing and feeling sensuous colors and feminine shapes and lots of purple, pink and diamonds (real and cubic zirconia) – from large beaded chandelier earrings and filigree gypsy gold to citrine teardrop briolette gemstones dangling from golden hoops. There are lots of small to medium sized gold hoop earrings this coming season, many encrusted with pave set diamonds others with pearl drop earrings dangling from a small hinged hoop creations. And there are lots and lots of Swarovski crystal earrings and deep red garnet earrings in small hoop earring styles and larger bodacious hoopalicious creations. It’s all about gold and silver curves, about sparkle, about real gemstone color, and NOT about chunky or gaudy, but classic, royal and graciously elegant.
Blue Nile, Tiffany’s and Saks – Fashionably Loopy for Hoops
It seems my favorite online jewelry shops had a heads up on what was to come, because places like Blue Nile, Tiffany and Saks have already launched their delicate and dazzling lines of hoop earrings following the sumptuous feminine earring trends of the designers. Here are a few of my favorites from each of these Jewelry shops.
Blue Nile Delicate Hoops:
- ½ carat diamond channel-set hoop earrings in 18k white gold for €600
- Celtic hearts hoop earrings in delicate sterling silver for as little as €50
- A little pair of hinged hoop earrings with post and hinged snap back for pierced ears €40
Tiffany Diamond and Signature Logo Hoops:
Tiffany has long been a name renowned for high quality jewelry and for setting the trends in classic elegance. Here are a few of my favorite designs:
- Tiffany Metro hoop earrings with diamonds in 18k white gold, large $10,000
- Tiffany – Paloma’s Crown of Hearts hoop earrings in 18k gold $1,200
- Tiffany 1837™ hoop earrings in sterling silver $275
- Tiffany 1837™ narrow hoop earrings in sterling silver $175
Hoop Earrings Exclusive to Saks:
Saks is also set for the hoopy extravaganza with all the best designer names like Adriana Orsini who creates delicate filigree bangles and pavé link bracelets and three layered circle drop hoop earrings. She also makes square and asymmetrical pave encrusted hoops and some art deco pieces with multi-colored gemstones. She also works with micro crystals so gold or silver bracelet and earring surfaces appear frosted with a layer of sparkling white ice. Here are a few of Adriana’s affordable earring selections:
- Adriana Orsini – Pavé Hoop Earrings/2¼” €141.15
- Adriana Orsini – Asymmetrical Pavé Hoop Earrings €137.62
- Adriana Orsini – Pavé Hoop Earrings ¾” – 1¼” €105.86 to €123.50
- Adriana Orsini – Openwork Huggie Hoop Earrings €88.22
- Adriana Orsini – Prong-Set Hoop Earrings /1¼” €52.93
Saks has other designer silver earrings and white gold jewelry for surprisingly affordable prices considering the quality and the names involved. Their selection of designer gold hoop earrings tend to be mostly small gold hoop earrings from ear hugging styles to 2 inch in diameter. Some are decorated with mother-of-pearl, others have beads around a disc and others have glass stones in teardrop shapes. Aside from the standard diamonds, they also have the rare genuine tanzanite earrings, the subtle green peridot earrings and many delicate versions of gold chandelier earrings.
A few more of the designers Saks represents are Alex and Ani and Alexander McQueen. Here are some of the best and most inexpensive styles:
- Alex and Ani – Mother-of-Pearl Bead Earrings/2″ €47.99
- Alex and Ani – Bead and Disc Earrings/2″ €47.99
- Cerulean Blue Glass Bead Earrings/2″€40.93
- Alexander McQueen – Skull Earrings/2¼” €271.71
Hoops by Bottega Veneta, Charles Garnier and David Yurman
There are large silver hoop earrings and pearl hoop earrings that have a dainty quality because the hoop contains a single pearl or bead. Dangle hoop earrings are quite unusual because they combine the security of a closure that fully seals behind the ear with the delicacy of a dangling gem.
Then there are the heart hoop earrings that come in several forms, one is a heart shape instead of a full circle and the other is heart shaped huggie hoop earrings that are close to the ear and have a heart encrusted in rhinestones or diamonds on the very wide hoop that remains close to the ear. Rhinestone hoop earrings are usually a base metal with rhinestones looped onto the hoop as beads or they may be encrusted as pave settings all around the loop or hoop.
There are also braided hoops and square and triangular hoops and many other shapes. In a slightly higher price range, Saks has a few other famous designer jewelry creators like Bottega Veneta, Charles Garnier and magnificent David Yurman. Here are a few more of my suggested best buys from these designers with pieces exclusive to Saks:
- Bottega Veneta – Sterling Silver Braided Earrings/1½” €345.81
- Bottega Veneta – Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings/2¾” €268.18
- Charles Garnier – 18K Gold Square-Edge Earrings/2¼” €388.15
- David Yurman – Multicolor Tourmaline & 18K Yellow Gold Earrings €1482.03
- David Yurman – 18K Yellow Gold Cable Hoop Earrings/1″ €1023.31
- David Yurman – Diamond, Silver & 14K White Gold Hoop Earrings/¾” –½” €698.67 to €988.02
- David Yurman – Diamond & Sterling Silver Open Cable Earrings David Yurman – €599.87
- David Yurman – Black Diamond & Sterling Silver Open Cable Earrings €441.08
- David Yurman – 18K Yellow Gold & Sterling Silver X Earrings David Yurman €476.37
- David Yurman – 18K Yellow Gold & Sterling Silver Crossover Earrings/1″ €349.34
Designer Logo Hoop Earrings – Dior / YSL / D&G
There are some classic design houses that have their logos on hoop earrings. Although I am not one for advertising on the jewelry I have paid for, these logo hoop earring designs are so stylish it’s difficult to pass them over:
- Dior – Logo Hoop Earrings/3″ €119.97
- Yves Saint Laurent – Signature Charm Earrings/1¾” €197.60
- Yves Saint Laurent – Textured Hoop Earrings/1″ €123.50 (This is not a YSL signature logo hoop)
- D&G Logo-Hoop Earrings – Stainless Steel Studded Hoop Earrings –1 large hoop with 1 smaller hoop within (the D&G charm is hanging from smaller hoop within larger hoop) $95.
Dominique Cohen Hoops
Dominique Cohen is a Los Angeles Designer who has become famous for her gold and gemstone creations for the stars. Her fine jewelry is a delicate combination of metals and precious and semi-precious stones set into necklaces, hoop earrings, custom jewelry that is handcrafted by artists, emerald earrings, and the finest silver hoop earrings with crystal beads and stones as well as gold bangels, pearl necklaces mixed with large chain links and a chandelier earring collection that is delicate as lace. Her designers work primarily with gold, however there are a few less expensive pieces in silver and some marvelous white gold hoop earrings.
She sells her work exclusively through her own boutique in Los Angeles and New York and through Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue and a few select independent retailers. Here are some of her most affordable Cohen pieces from Saks:
- Dominique Cohen – Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings 2½” €105.86
- Dominique Cohen – Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings/1¾” €70.57
- Dominique Cohen – Sterling Silver Oval Hoop Earrings 1¼” €52.93
Faraone Mannella Jewelry
A bit out of the ordinary is Faraone Mannella jewelry creations that are dramatic in color but sexy in curvaceous and sensual gold and lots of continuous hoop earrings (which means that there are several loops linked together like a chain). It’s interesting that this designer worked for Christian Dior prior to opening his own line. He has several thick hoop earrings and some gorgeous drop hoop earrings and dangle earrings with topaz and other precious gemstones. Here is one of his pieces that stands out:
Faraone Mennella – Ceramic & 18K Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings/2″ €592.81
Gucci Bamboo Hoops
Gucci hardly needs any introduction, and although they are best known for handbags, purses, wallets and fine leather accessories, they also have a large selection of bamboo hoop earrings. Some of their older styles still include a few clip on hoop earrings, which are great for heavier earrings that pull on pierced ears. They use a lot of links and therefore have a good selection of square hoop earrings and hinged hoop earrings. The most beautiful designs they have this season are the gold bamboo hoop earrings, however they aren’t cheap as you can see by these examples:
- Gucci – 18K Yellow Gold Bamboo Earrings/2¼” €1376.17
- Gucci – 18K Yellow Gold Sculptural Earrings/1¼” €1333.83
Gurhan Earring Designs for the Stars
Gurhan is a well known designer to celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston, and he works as a master goldsmith in GOLD. He also has a line of classic bridal jewelry. He caters primarily to women’s jewelry needs. He has a selection of large gold hoop earrings and double hoop earrings and delicate chandelier earrings with beads and black pearls or gemstones.
Since some of his creations are wide and bold, he uses half hoop earrings styles frequently and sometimes pave hoop earrings, although not always with diamonds. His J hoop earrings are quite amazing and one of the rarest things about his jewelry is that it is not the usual 14kt gold hoop earrings or 18k gold used in most commercial jewelry, but 24k gold.
Here are two of his pieces:
- Gurhan – Diamond & 24K Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings/½” €1383.23
- Gurhan – 24K Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings/1¼” €1312.66
Ippolita Jewelry Emotions
The Florentine Ippolita designer works primarily in gold, often hammered and chunky. However, her gold is unique for its color, which she developed in order for gold to be more flattering to many women’s different skin tones. She believes that jewelry is emotional and therefore she works to design jewelry pieces that appeal emotionally to many types of women.
Her jewelry line includes zillions of styles of classic gold hoop earrings and a new line of silver hoop earrings. However her sterling silver hoop earrings are often a blend with gold, especially in the large hoop earrings designs and where she incorporates onyx, citrine and amethyst in her gemstone hoop earrings.
Since her designs are so varied, from delicate drop earrings to large hammered gold pieces, I have selected 7 samples of her work:
- Ippolita – Turquoise & 18K Yellow Gold Earrings/1½” €1235.03
- Ippolita – 18K Yellow Gold Hammered Earrings/2″ €882.16
- Ippolita – Clear Quartz, 18K Gold & Sterling Silver Earrings/1½” €278.76
- Ippolita – Clear Quartz & Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings/1½” €278.76
- Ippolita – Skinny Sterling Silver Hammered Earrings/2″ €158.79
- Ippolita – 18K Gold & Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings/1¾” €137.62
- Ippolita – Sterling Silver Hoop Earrings/1¾” Ippolita €102.33
John Hardy Silver
The jewelry designer John Hardy has a wide selection of very large hoop earrings in gold and silver and blends. Although his designs are not chunky he has extra large hoop earrings and big hoop earrings in many shapes such as the oval hoop earrings and the square diamond hoops that come in two tone hoop earrings styles. He also specializes in bamboo hoops and dot earrings and has some fine and square and round hoop mixes that are unusual. Here are just a few designs of this very prolific jeweler:
- John Hardy – Black Sapphire & Sterling Silver Half Hoop Earrings €490.48
- John Hardy – Sterling Silver & 22K Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings/1¼” €458.72
- John Hardy – Sterling Silver J-Hoop Earrings John Hardy €317.58
- John Hardy – Sterling Silver Dragon Hoop Earrings/1¼” €278.76
- John Hardy – Sterling Silver Textured Hoop Earrings/1½” John Hardy €208.19
- John Hardy – Sterling Silver Dot Hoop Earrings/1¼” €194.08
John Hardy – Sterling Silver Bamboo Hoop Earrings/1¼” €176.43
- John Hardy – Sterling Silver Bamboo Hoop Earrings/1″ €123.50
Jude Frances Jewelry Romance
Jude Frances is a designer of romantic appeal, like champagne and roses, with white pearls and diamonds in gold settings and regal ruby rings in yellow gold settings that match the bangles and bracelets and hoop earrings that come in some of the richest gold tones available.
Many of the creations have an antique jewellery feeling. Although everything is new, the feeling that you will find vintage earrings amidst the collections is sure. Subtle black earrings in gold and silver (some clip earrings too) and rich red hoop earrings with cross designs and filigree bangles and carved crosses with rubies for a princess at a medieval banquet.
Here are some of Jude’s hoops:
- Jude Frances – Diamond & 18K White Gold Oval-and-Dot Hoop Earrings/¾” €741.02
- Jude Frances – Diamond & 18K Yellow Gold Oval-and-Dot Hoop Earrings/¾” €741.02
- Jude Frances – Diamond & 18K White Gold Hoop Earrings/½” €621.04
- Jude Frances – Diamond & 18K Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings/½” €621.04
- Jude Frances – Diamond & 18K Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings/½” €338.75
Kara Ross Deco
Kara Ross is white and purple and gold, emerald, amethyst and carnelian in art deco and modern styles. Here is one of her colorful hoop creations:
- Kara Ross – Semi-Precious Multi-Stone Hoop Earrings/2″ Kara Ross €95.27
Kenneth Jay Lane Jewelry Dreams
Designer Kenneth Jay Lane has a line of more chunky turquoise and tortoise shell deco. There are gunmetal black pearls mixed with gems and octopuses and stars all tangled together in crystal crosses and tiger heads and wrapped in animal prints and dotted with snakes eyes. If you had a dream where crystal meets bamboo and pink rings dance with gold gypsy chandelier earrings, then Kenneth Jay Lane hoops will suit you to a T!
- Kenneth Jay Lane – Crystal Earrings/2″ Kenneth Jay Lane €148.20
- Kenneth Jay Lane – Bamboo-Textured Earrings/2¼” Kenneth Jay Lane €45.87
- Kenneth Jay Lane – Textured Hoop Earrings/2″ Kenneth Jay Lane €31.76
Konstantino Gemstone Femininity
If you seek jewelry inspired by Byzantine architecture, Greek mythology, and ancient Greek art then Konstantino will fulfill your ancient hoop earring and gemstone desires. If you happen to find yourself shopping in Athens Plaka on Pandrossou Street or in Santorini or Mykonos, you’ll probably bumbp into a Konstantino boutique, but if not try shopping at Neiman Marcus or Saks Fifth Avenue and you’ll find some mystical Mediterranean night, Nykta combinations in skies of black onyx and stars of luminescent white gold hoops and a kaleidoscope of vivid colors dancing on the Aegean sea in crystal earring and silver chandelier earrings and Petra rocks of rose hued stones and sterling silver hoops. And sterling silver and gold is embellished with radiant pearls and shells from the sea where Aphrodite re-incarnates silver hoop earrings into teardrop earrings of fertility, femininity and love.
That is Konstantino and here are some of his simplest creations:
Konstantino – Huggie Hoop Earrings/Two-Tone €366.98
- Konstantino – Sterling Silver Disc Earrings €239.95
- Konstantino – Small Sterling Hoop Earrings Konstantino €158.79
- Konstantino – Sterling Silver & 18K Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings/1¾” €144.67
Lagos Passionate Jewels
Lagos is gemstone passion, amethyst bursts of color and Topaz lakes and rivers of peridot and islands of circular hoop earrings in sterling silver and J-hoop gold. Lagos is caviar and glaciers, chocolate diamond mountains and valleys of green amber and emeralds and jade. It’s bursts of supernova citrine and amethyst and rose quartz in deco designs from fairytales.
It’s deep sea pearls and oyster shells and all held in knots of gold and bows of silver. It’s hoop earrings with amethyst charms and blue topaz stones dangling from silvery hoops that hug and caress your earlobes. Even their mini hoops aren’t cheap, but the indulgence in gemstone fire is well worth the price.
See for yourself:
- Lagos – Sterling Silver & 18K Yellow Gold J-Hoop Earrings Lagos €349.34
- Lagos – Onyx, Sterling Silver & 18K Yellow Gold Earrings/1″ €278.76
- Lagos – Freshwater Pearl, Sterling Silver & 18K Yellow Gold Earrings/¾” €176.43
- Lagos – Sterling Silver Thin Hoop Earrings/1½” €123.50
The World in Gold with Marco Bicego
Marco Bicego is Jaipur red sand diamonds in twisted confetti and fez. He’s Goa suntans and Cairo gold and Marrakech bazaars. His jewelry creations are somewhere between paradise in Aruba and salsa on hot Havana nights. He’s Madagascar spice and golden Sahara sand dunes in jewelry, in hoops and rings and bracelets and necklaces that capture the passion of the world in huge hoop earrings and sandy 18k gold hoop earrings with diamonds and gemstones from the chests of maharajas and sultans.
Here are two teeny samples, but he is so much more:
- Marco Bicego – 18K Yellow Gold Twisted Hoop Earrings/1½” €564.58
- Marco Bicego – 18K Yellow Gold Twisted Hoop Earrings/1″ €409.32
Mizuki – Japan’s Golden Hoop
Mizuki is Japanese of a bygone era, when emperors still had chests of amethyst and coins from conquests. When turquoise on a hoop earring would be enough to kill for. Now you needn’t plunder anyone’s treasures to have a little Mizuki golden hoop.
- Mizuki – Turquoise & 14K Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings/1½” €317.58
Roberto Coin – Italian Seduction Jewelry
Roberto Coin is Italiano Gold chic and sexy, ultra feminine and delicately made for a princess in a Palazzo. Cheap doesn’t enter the picture, but the seduction of Mauresque diamond earring will make you not care.
- Roberto Coin – Diamond & 18K Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings/1¼” €3867.39
- Roberto Coin – Diamond & 18K White Gold Hoop Earrings/1¼” €3867.39
- Roberto Coin – Diamond & 18K White Gold Hoop Earrings/1″ €2258.33
- Roberto Coin – Diamond & 18K Gold Hoop Earrings/¾” €1976.04
- Roberto Coin – Diamond & 18K White Gold Hoop Earrings/1″ €1693.75
- Roberto Coin – Diamond & 18K White Gold Hoop Earrings/½” €1270.31
Stephen Webster’s Hollywood Gems
Stephen Webster is luxury Hollywood style glam of the 20’s and 30’s and also the designer for Christina Aguilera’s engagement ring which is a five carat platinum ring with brilliant and princess-cut diamonds in a filigree setting.
Needless to say the following two hoop earring designs are but a teeny little nothing of what Webster is all about:
- Stephen Webster – Sterling Silver Zigzag Hoop Earrings/2½” €204.66
- Stephen Webster – Sterling Silver Zigzag Earrings/2½” €176.43
Zasha Flexible Hoops and Interchangeable Earrings Charms
Zasha is crosses and charms and diamonds in Fleur De Lis Earring Charms. It’s butterflies and diamond eyes in silver and gold and mixes of both. Her jewelry is good value for the price and sold through several online outlets. One of the unique things about some of the Zasha earring collections is their ability to change.
We all know how a charm bracelet works by adding different charms to a link bracelet or an Italian bracelet, but Zasha earrings work on a similar principal except on earrings. Different dangling charms can be added to her basic earrings to give them a new look each time they’re worn. Here are two of her creations, one in yellow gold hoop earrings and the other in white gold.
- Zasha – Diamond & 14K Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings/½” €218.78
- Zasha – 14K White Gold & Diamond Earrings/½” €183.49
Hoop-licious Collections from Amazon & Heavenly Treasures
You want ….what? Purple jewelry…cubic zirconia earrings…clip on earrings…wholesale costume jewelry… discount jewelry… cz jewelry… prom jewelry… fashion earrings… funky jewelry and maybe a few Christmas earrings. Okay, you want wearable fashion or costume jewelry pieces for everyday or just for fun. Maybe a few gemstones or a little gold, but you want a good price and quick delivery…so why not try Amazon or Heavenly Treasures.
There’s expensive designer bling and a bit of cheap fashion as well, and lots of fun baubles for parties and costumes. There’s Christmas in October or Halloween in December if you like. They’re there 366 days a year and send your jewelry right to your door. Do they have jade earrings and mens hoop earrings? Yes they do. Do they have 14k gold hoop earrings and small hoop earrings and cz hoop earrings and charms for dangling from almost anywhere? Yup! But are there pink hoop earrings and clip hoop earrings and copper hoop earrings, too? I know there are because I’ve seen them. And there are loads of ruby hoop earrings and matching ruby rings and bracelets too.
Here is one little J-hoop you might like:
- 10k Yellow Gold Diamond J-Hoop Earrings (1/3 ct, I-J Color, I3 Clarity) $99.99
And here are lots of 14K Hoop earrings to select from:
- 14k Yellow Gold Half Round Hoop Earrings $89.99
- 14k Two-Tone Diamond Hoops (1/8 ct, H-I Color, I2 Clarity) $139.99
- 14k Yellow and White Gold Crossover Hoop Earrings $239.99
- 14k Yellow Gold Diamond and Sapphire J Hoop Earrings $129.99
- 14k Yellow Gold Channel Set Round Amethyst Hoop Earrings $99.99
- 14k Yellow Gold Diamond and Emerald J Hoop Earrings $129.99
- 14k Gold Amethyst Hoop Charms $79 genunine Amethyst, Peridot, Garnet, Blue Topaz or Citrine
- 14k White Gold Tanzanite Hoop Earrings with Diamonds (genuine tanzanite) $598 also available with Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, or Pink Sapphire gemstones
- 14k White Gold Earrings with Drops of Pink Quartz -Briolette gemstones of Pink Quartz drop from 14kt white gold Diamond hoop style earrings $249
- Sardelli – 14k Claddagh Hoop Earrings $67.95
Hoops in 18K Gold? Okay…here a few top hits from super cheap jewelry to high-end carat hoops:
- 18k Gold Overlay Sterling Silver African Amethyst Hoop Earrings $19.99
- 18K Gold overlay Sterling Silver Diamond Pave Hoop Earrings $24.99
- 18k Gold Overlay Sterling Silver Diamond-Accent Double Hoop Earrings $27.99
18k Yellow Gold Overlay Sterling Silver Garnet w/ Diamond Accent Butterfly Hoop Earrings $25.00
- 18K Gold Over Sterling Silver Multi Color Gemstone & Diamond Half Hoop Earrings $29.99
- 18k Gold Inside-Out Emerald Snap-Hoop Earrings 3 carats of Emeralds $995
Here are three little earring choices that are fun, good quality and inexpensive if not downright CHEAP:
Gold Floral Filigree Hoop Earrings $25.00
- Filigree Gypsy Hoop Earrings by GUESS $16.50
- Platinum Plated Sterling Silver Multi-Gemstone Hoop Earrings $29.99
Looking for something affordable in CZ hoop earrings or a ruby or a black diamond or even a sapphire? Here are some high quality earrings from about $7 to $40:
- Tiny CZ Ear Huggers Sterling Silver Huggie Hoop Earrings $19.99
- Sterling Silver Peridot Hoop Earrings $29.99
- Sterling Silver Ruby Hoop Earrings $24.99
- Sterling Silver Black and White Diamond w/ 5mm Pearl Hoop Earrings $39.99
- Sterling Silver Small Bali Hoop Earrings, 5/8″ diameter $6.75
- Sterling Silver Paua Shell Hoop Earrings by Sajen $39.00
- Sterling Silver Sapphire Hoop Earrings $24.99
- Sterling Silver Bead Hoop Earrings $13.99
What about stainless steel or pink Chinese jade? Or are you looking for an opal hoop earring or a black onyx jewelry creation? Here are a few more earring styles all under $40.
- Abalone Inlay Hoop Earrings $24.99
- Monet Crystal Hoop Earrings 14KT $16.00
- Stainless Surgical Steel Hoop Huggie Heart Earrings by Bucasi $14.95
- Fashion Jewelry – Silver or Gold-tone Round Hoop Earrings set (6 pair in a set!) $2.99
- Garnet Hoop Earrings with 5 garnets $29.99
- Pink Chinese Jade 35mm Hoop Earrings $29.99
- Peridot Hoop Earrings – 3 peridot stones $24.99
- Pink Cubic Zirconia Hoop Earrings $19.99
Created Opal Genuine Diamond J-Hoop Earrings $32.00
Celebrity Inspired Mini-hoops – Antique Black Onyx Dangle Earrings/ CZ Diamonds by Peora $39.99
- Simulated Tanzanite Genuine Diamond Gold J-Hoop Earrings $32.00
- Turquoise Inlay Hoop Earrings $24.99
- Marcasite Rectangular Hoop Earrings $27.99
- Blue Topaz Half-Hoop Earrings by Netaya $33.00
Other Jewelry and Hoop Options for Gifts
If you still haven’t found your perfect hoops, you may have to spend just a little bit more. Heavenly Treasures may have what you seek in star hoop earrings, wide hoops earrings or even the unusual wood hoop earrings that are hand carved. Or if you need insect, animal or butterfly hoop earrings, you’ll find there’s a pair already made just for you.
Don’t forget that little girls on your gift list may love to get a pair of dolphin hoop earrings and for young girls who fancy themselves LADIES, try giving gold filigree hoop earrings or some modern purple hoop earrings they can even wear to school. Small, or thin hoop earrings are great for everyday wearing to work and there are packages that have 6 pairs all together to mix and match.
Silver jewelry, especially small silver earrings, or tiny briolette drop earrings and a silver necklace make wonderful birthday gifts and don’t forget about birthstones. There are gemstones added as beads or dangles or charms to gold jewelry and white gold earrings for every taste.
Here are a few unusual styles to consider in a slightly upscale price range, from around $50 to over $200.
- Pink Crystal and Enamel Hoop Earrings by David Sigal $49.00
- Otazu Silver Hoop Heart Earrings with Red Swarovski Crystals–hearts can be removed and can be worn also as a necklace. — Designer: Otazu –Handmade in Netherlands $64.22
- Kenneth Jay Lane Silver Square Hoop Earrings — square hoop covered with Swarovski crystals –designer jewellery — Made in NYC. $86.19
- Titanium Gold Inlay Huggie Hoop Earrings by Titanium Kay $89.99
- Small Cultured Pearl and Turquoise Hoop Earrings with snap hoop closure $279.00
Christmas Gift Giving – Think Ahead – Think Jewelry
It may be only autumn, but already there’s a chill in the air that says winter is on its way…
… and although it can be depressing to know summer has come to an end…
… it also means that Christmas will come soon…
For some reason no one really talks about Christmas until after the first of November, and then the pressure is on to make lists and go shopping and send out cards and attend parties. Why not do something different this year. Enjoy Christmas!
That doesn’t mean you forget about gift giving and sit back and watch the snow drifts all alone. What it means is that making lists and buying small tokens of affection for our loved ones needn’t be a rushed thing all done in one month or two. Enjoy the process and select gifts throughout the year.
If each month of the year you bought a small item, by the time December arrived you’d have a great selection of gifts, and all that would be left to do is wrap and give them.
Unusual Christmas Gift – Non Pierced Hoop Earrings
Buying gifts all through the year isn’t just good time management, but it also helps you to take your time and buy gifts that jump out as unique for ONE person. For example you may have a lady on your list who doesn’t have pierced ears but loves to wear earrings. Then you see a pair of non pierced hoop earrings for sale and you think of her. If you buy them and put them away, when Christmas comes around you’ll have a perfect gift for that lady which you probably would not have been able to find or take the time to hunt for at the last minute.
For women who don’t have pierced ears, here is a piece of jewelry you might want to consider:
- Small 14k Gold Clip on Hoop Earrings 5/8 inch for $97.
These earrings are ideal for everyday wear because they’re not too large and they’re gold so hey won’t tarnish. They’re not cheap costume jewelry so they make a lovely present, yet aren’t too expensive.
There are many funky jewelry styles and lots of modern earring creations and classic clip on hoop earrings that look as if they were for pierced ears, are available online at Jewel Basket. Non pierced hoop earrings can be tough to find in jewelry shops or at the mall because there are less women who wear them, so jewelers who specialize in these clip or none pierced jewelry styles often sell online. There are even some unique onyx hoop earrings and garnet hoop earrings with clip on backs. Don’t forget that some very young girls haven’t had their ears pierced yet, so if you have such a young lady on your Christmas shopping list, check out the girls hoop earrings styles that do not require piercing.
Children and Baby Hoops
There are some delicate tiny hoop earrings for babies like these, which I think are totally adorable:
- Baby Hoops – 14k Gold Angel Hoop $96.
- 14k Yellow Gold Enamel Children’s and Baby Hoop Earrings $121.
- Baby Earrings – 14k Heart Hoop Baby Earrings 1/2 ” diameter $112.
- White Gold Baby Earrings – 14k Heart Hoop Baby Earrings 1/2 ” diameter $125.
- 14K Gold Childrens Pink Heart Hoop Earrings $74.
- 14k Yellow Gold Small Children’s and Baby Flat Hoop Earrings $54.00
There are also some delicate childrens and baby jewelry in blue topaz hoop earrings and tiny amethyst earrings for little baby girls. 18k gold earrings are best for baby and childrens jewelry because it will not produce allergic reactions in sensitive skin. The next best choice would be surgical steel, platinum or titanium.
Jewelry Gifts under $50
For Christmas gifts of all ages gemstone jewelry is still one of the safest and most valued presents even in these economically difficult times. A small pair of opal earrings for example can be under $20, or some white titanium jewelry or amethyst jewelry, although real and exquisite can be bought very reasonably for under $40 or $50.
White gold jewelry, mother of pearl earrings, small silver hoops, bead earrings, a pair of sterling silver earring or even earrings crystal creations can be very affordable as presents. For small items such as earrings or bracelets or a simple pendant on a chain or one piece of a charm for a bracelet you can stay within budget for less than $20 if you shop online where the overhead is lower and the shops can offer discount jewelry without affecting the quality.
Discount jewelry online is one way to be able to give the gifts you desire for less. Just make sure that the sites are reputable, like Amazon, Heavenly Treasures, Jewel Basket, Blue Nile, Saks, Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom.
Making Hoop Earrings for Gifts
If your budget is really tight this Christmas, consider MAKING jewelry to give as gifts.
It’s still early enough for you to find hoops and/or backs and a few beads or simple gemstones and put it all together for your friends. Custom bead jewelry doesn’t have to look cheap or homemade. You can buy hoop jewelry already partly made and then set earrings with briolette charms or glass or even a few Swarovski crystals that you can buy loose.
Also, mother of pearl earring sets are beautiful and can be made very inexpensively because mother-of-pearl is actually seashell. Hoop jewelry is also really inexpensive to make because the basic hoop can cost just a few dollars or can be made from wire, it’s the stones and beads you choose that will make the design shine. Choose just a few for each set and create fun pieces for Christmas giving.
Just incase you’re curious how much it will cost to make your own Swarovski hoop earrings, you’ll be happy to know that you can buy packs with 75 loose Swarovski Crystals for under $15, and here are the colors they come in:
Crystal / Crystal Moonlight / Crystal Silk / Crystal Silver Shade / Alexandrite / Amethyst / Aqua/Black Diamond / Blue / Burgundy / Cantaloupe / Capri Blue / Caribbean Blue Opal / Ceylon Topaz / Chrysolite / Copper / Crystal Golden Shadow / Dark Red Coral / Emerald / Erinite / Fire Opal / Fuchsia / Garnet / Hematite / Hyacinth / Indian Sapphire / Indicolite / Jet / Jonquil / Amethyst / Azore / Colorado Topaz / Grey Opal / Peach / Rose / Sapphire / Siam / Smoked Topaz / Light Topaz / Lime / Mint Alabaster / Mocca / Montana / Olivine / Padparadscha / Palace Green Opal / Peridot / Purple Velvet / Rose / Rose Alabaster / Rose Water Opal / Sand Opal / Sapphire / Siam / Smoked Topaz / Smokey Quartz / Sun / Tanzanite / Topaz / Turquoise / Vintage Rose / Violet / Violet Opal / Vitrail Medium / White Opal
14K Gold and None Tarnish Sterling Silver Wire
To make your own hoops, you can get 10 feet of 14K gold wire for about $80 or half that for about $40. You can make dozens of hoop earrings to give as presents for the price of just one pair of jewelry earrings.
There’s a fun place online called Wire Sculpture that sells real gold wire by the foot and it comes in several gauges and even in your choice of round or square or half round (with one side flat). 14 k gold wire is 58.5% pure gold and the remainder of the metal is what gives gold its strength and color. For example if you want rose gold wire you can get a mix of gold with a little more copper or if you want white gold it will have more nickel or silver. They also have non tarnish sterling silver wire and it’s about half the price of gold. You can get 5 feet for less than $20.
If you drool over designer jewelry creations and love to see what the stars are wearing, but can’t afford such pricey jewels and gems, then try some alternatives like CZ hoop earrings instead of diamonds or become a designer yourself and dazzle your friends with your masterpieces. Who knows…maybe next year YOUR jewelry designs will be displayed in a tent near the New York haute couture elite.